Wednesday, May 18, 2011

For those curious minds...

I've been in the HR field for about 10 years now (and I wouldn't trade it for any other profession), but I sometimes wonder how much easier life was for hiring managers before the government started imposing more and more regulations like the I-9 requirement for example.

Just out of curiosity I did some research on the history of I-9s (thank you WikiPedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-9_(form) and learned that the U.S. government began requiring the use of I-9 forms on November 6th, 1986 following Congress' passage of the Immigration Reform and Control Act. As you know, employees fill out the form to prove they are legally eligible to work in the United States.

For those curious souls among you that did not work with I-9s way back when... here is a peek at an I-9 form from 1987... (yes, I know this serves no purpose other than to satisfy one's curiosity... but in case you are interested... take a peek.) I will blog about more important, relevant, and timely I-9 issues throughout the coming weeks, stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment